gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: 5th

From: Janne Kujala
Subject: [Gzz] Re: 5th
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 16:54:47 +0300

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:40:07PM +0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > writing briefly
> >
> >     shared_ptr<Obj> p;
> >     p = new Obj;
>
> Does it get the refcount right then?

It seems so. But it also seems that the above code
does not compile with gcc 3.0, which makes sense
as there seems to be no implemenation for such an operator
in the library. I wonder how 2.95 managed to compile the code.

> mind that. What other problems were there with 3.0?

The only real (i.e., not related to namespace differences or other
files being compiled with 2.95) problem was vector<T>::iterator
not being automatically convertible to T*.
Now, I use &vec[0] insted of vec.begin() in GL calls, which should
work ok if stl::vector is guaranteed to wrap a continuous array.

        jvk