gzz-dev

[Gzz] vk, July 26th

From: Vesa Kaihlavirta
Subject: [Gzz] vk, July 26th
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:28:47 +0300

- helped Tuukka with the fine-tuning of Jython packaging.

Jython 2.2 seems to be coming in some future. Unfortunately no-one seems
to know when -- #python @ OPN and comp.lang.python, both very active
python medias, lacked information.

On the other hand, (c/j)python 2.1 is quite fine for us. While 2.2 has
some exciting features (http://www.amk.ca/python/2.2/), none of them
are critical to us now.

Being something of a python enthusiast myself, I would happily contribute
to maintaining a python-version of our core libraries (referring to
Benja's recent mail), if that helped us move away from the hybrid java/python
solution -- which is by definition inefficient -- we have now.

Insights on previous paragraph highly encouraged.

--
V.K.