gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] (no subject)

From: b . fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:54:51 +0200 (MEST)

> > 3. In CellTexter, add a Set getCells() method to get the cells that have
> >    a content mapping. (The problem is that we need some cooperation from
> >    CellTexter for saving, because there might be an infinite number of
> >    cells... maybe we should be able to get and set a Map from cells to
> >    implementation-defined serializable objects, but that would be less
> >    general. OTOH, SingleSlicer currently depends on CellTexter being
> >    a VStreamCellTexter: not nice...)
>
> Would prefer getCellsWithContent() or such.

Ok.

> > 8. Added a second constructor to ModularSpace, taking a SliceVersion
> from
> >    which to initialize the space. I'm not sure where this should be.
> >    I do feel that once constructed, a space should have one "starter"
> >    slice (s.0)...
>
> Are you sure we want modularspace to know that much about SliceVersions?

I think we don't; I think we want to give the SliceVersion to the Slicer
when it is created. The only thing is that we then need to pull it into the
space, somehow. The space could call Slicer.initialize() when all the components
are assembled together.

The problem is, Slicer is an AbstractSpace responsibility-- and if we do
initialize() at the end of AbstractSpace's constructor, ModularSpace's *Managers
won't be ready yet-- so we can't make connections etc.

Do you have a better idea?
- Benja