gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] gzigzag.{net|org|com} up for renewal

From: b . fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] gzigzag.{net|org|com} up for renewal
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:47:21 +0200 (MEST)

Hi-- hope it's not too late to reply to this already--

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > The time I bought these domains for has elapsed, what do you think:
> > should I renew or not?
>
> We should have gzz.info working before we leave the old names, right?

We also want to redirect from the old names to the new. We're linked from a
number of places.

We could have a redirect page that says something like, "The former GZigZag
is now called Gzz, because Ted Nelson has asked us to change the name. Our
domain name has therefore changed to gzz.info. Please wait while you are
redirected to the new location of this page. <p> If you are not redirected
within
five seconds, please click here."

Then we could send the user to the new location of the very page they were
looking for (e.g. /nutshell.html), and yet give them the additional info about
the name change.

-b.