gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Time used

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Time used
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:18:01 +0300

> I just had (again) a new idea:
>
> When I was prototyping the (Solid)BgVob I run in problems like:
>  -whose responsibility is to take care of saveing color attribute?
>
> But we should ask who wants to change it and so changing is it's
> responsibitily. Now I introduse you new phrase 'somewhere' which is the
> place I don't know actually where is it.
>
> If 'somewhere' are
>  -reference to whose responsibility is to control the bg color
>  -current color
>  -speed to fade/flash (read - how much color can be changed with every
>   frame).
>
> Those who want color changeing must implement and interface to be asked
> some questions like the bg color ,-)

No, this is not the right approach. This mixes things from 1) and 2)
again.

>From the perspective of the platform:
        Whose responsibility: that's always the party that
                        constructs the vobscene.
        Current color:  in vobscene
        Speed to fade/flash: just like normal interpolation between
                        vobscenes.

>From the perspective of the usual views:
        - as discussed before, would be the view, and use a default
          from the window.

        Tuomas