gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/gl irreg0.png irreg1.png

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz/doc/gl irreg0.png irreg1.png
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:23:12 +0300

> Ok, yes, I wasn't thinking correctly. In your images, you need to draw
> a border around the intersection of an irregular (defined by cs2) and a
> regular (cs1) shape.
>
> I.e., in the case where they partially intersect, part of the border is
> the border of the visible area, and part of the border is the border of
> the irregular shape.
>
> So, how do you archieve that? Or, am I still not understanding right?

Well, in OpenGL to draw a stencil all I need to do is to figure a way to
draw exactly those fragments that will be in it. For this case, it's
pretty easy: just look at the edges ( there won't be too many of them,
especially if we assume that cs1 and cs2 are both upright.

We adjust the texture coordinates / color (depending on how we set
the transparency), so that we get irregularity exactly where necessary.

        Tuomas