gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: gzz/gfx/libcallgl callgl.hxx

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Gzz] Re: gzz/gfx/libcallgl callgl.hxx
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:32:40 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> [Uhh, what's 'type'?]
> The ARB_get_proc_address only needs the name.

Give me with iron wire what do you like to do with the returning address.

I though someone might want to use it properly?

Now in callgl.cxx are many ifs almoust the same like:

          ...glScaled(atof(v[1].c_str()), atof(v[2].c_str()),
                   atof(v[3].c_str()));
        } else if (checkfunc(v, "Translate", 3)) {
          glTranslated(atof(v[1].c_str()), atof(v[2].c_str()),
                       atof(v[3].c_str()));

I think this can be generalized with switch for example:

switch(type) {
case FLOAT3: "proc_address" ( atof(v[1].c_str()),
                              atof(v[2].c_str()),
                              etc..

> It would have been nice if you had first discussed the intended
> architecture (new classes etc) on the mailing list...

Ok,

getting address
1. GLX_ARB_get_proc_address is pegged in gallgl
2. Check if pegged procname is listed.
3. ask libos actually to do the job.

using addres
1. callgl gets a peg which is not listed in 'else if' list.
2. check out the list if it's there.
3. send a peg to libos to excecute. Because callgl has a list of extended
    calls it also knows what kind of call it is. So for example it knows
    how many arguments might be needed or if not needed at all.

   -Matti