gzz-dev

[Gzz] Asko 2002-11-11 (pegboard)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Asko 2002-11-11 (pegboard)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:20:00 +0200 (EET)

8h workday
 - enhanced pegboard

I tried to create failing test for old non-null-string bug with Benja's
JVM (and test did those jstring2unicharvector functions actually fix
anything) , but I run into problem:

   Because typedef std::basic_string<unsigned short> unistring; had been
   replace with typedef std::vector<unsigned short> unicodecharvector; I
   had to create a new funtion using the older unistring. But std::basic
   <unsigned short> didn't run anymore. I got LinkError from Java and
   c++filt _ZNSt11char_traitsItE6lengthEPK (err's undefined symbol)
   returned "unsigned short". Well, why unsigned short is not a
   valid type anymore?

   I just would like to close that case before I forget all about it :)
   Or in other words, maybe I cant forget it before I have closed it ;)

Second, about CoordSys::nonlinearity() (it was in need of development?)

   Javadoc says: "The return value is 1/l where l would be a reasonable
   length for dicing. Returns 0 if dicing is required."
   Should it be: "Returns 0 if dicing is _not_ required."?

   What nonlinerity() does in TransformCoordSys-template class?
   (I'm _not_ questioning, I just haven't figured it myself yet.)

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/