gzz-dev

[Gzz] About vobcoorder_fontscale

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] About vobcoorder_fontscale
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:04:35 +0200 (EET)

>- How should getFontScale be used with TextStyle and TextVob?
>    RESOLVED: In a bit awkward way, but workable::
>       scale = coords.getFontScale(cs)
>       height = textStyle.getHeight(scale) / scale
>       textcs = coords.ortho(cs, 0, 0, height, height)
>       vs.put(textvob, textcs)
>    This example puts text that is in the natural height of its textStyle
>    inside the coordinate system.

I'm questioning, should we use TextVob only through HBox.place()
(TextVob implements HBox.VobHBox)? If not, when should we use HBox.place()
and when put TextVob directly by vs.map.put()?

>From HBox.java:
        public void place(VobScene vs, int box, float scale) {
            this.scale = scale;
            float h = getHeight(scale)+getDepth(scale);
            int cs_scale = vs.scaleCS(box, "textbox", h, h);
            vs.map.put(this, cs_scale);
        }

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden