gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] About vobcoorder_fontscale

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] About vobcoorder_fontscale
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:06:48 +0100

Asko Soukka wrote:

- How should getFontScale be used with TextStyle and TextVob?
  RESOLVED: In a bit awkward way, but workable::
        scale = coords.getFontScale(cs)
        height = textStyle.getHeight(scale) / scale
        textcs = coords.ortho(cs, 0, 0, height, height)
        vs.put(textvob, textcs)
  This example puts text that is in the natural height of its textStyle
  inside the coordinate system.

I'm questioning, should we use TextVob only through HBox.place()
(TextVob implements HBox.VobHBox)? If not, when should we use HBox.place()
and when put TextVob directly by vs.map.put()?

Probably we should use place() iff we are placing the TextVob as part of a linebroken text layout (i.e., you should never use it directly in views: you should either call HBroken.put() or vs.map.put(), where the former will use HBox.place() internally).

-b.