gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PEG ``vob_bgvob--humppake``: Background Vob interface

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PEG ``vob_bgvob--humppake``: Background Vob interface
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:23:07 +0100

Asko Soukka wrote:
This PEG proposes of creating **Background Vob interface**, which at
first includes the border flag and color handling originally made for
``RectBgVob``. The new interface allows the easy use of different
(*Background*) Vobs in a single View.

Very good.

- Should we use an *array* or *Vector* to store *colors*?

  RESOLVED: We should use ``java.util.Vector`` if it's performance
  is not a problem. Currently ``RectBgVob`` uses array and resizing
  it needs additional work. Also those AWT tools, which have used Vobs'
  ``java.awt.Color`` arrays are already moved to ``basalt``. Though, the
  content of vector could still be passed on in an array.

Hey, we're using the Collections API, haven't you noticed? :-) This should be a List (using the ArrayList implementation).

    /** Flag for drawing border. */
    public boolean drawBorder = true;

Why not use getDrawBorder() and setDrawBorder() as with the other properties? How can this be made available through an interface?

    /** Vector to store Colors. */
    protected Vector colors = new Vector(5, 5);

This should default to 'null' as many bg vobs won't be colored at all.

    /** The currently put node colors.
* @return an array of Colors or null if no colors is set. */

Why not return a List object?

I am missing a way to set the border color.

- Benja