gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Loom stalls after repeated attempts to load crap?

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Loom stalls after repeated attempts to load crap?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:37:04 +0100

Hi Toni,

Thanks for your bug report!

Alatalo Toni wrote:
came to a mac lab to test how Fenfire (well, Loom) seems on a standard
default macosx install. downloaded all the rdf's Benja mentions in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gzz-dev/2003-03/msg00150.html
strangely enough, that slashdot.rss seems to be binary (copied to
http://an.org/fenfire/broken/slashdot.rss)
i guess this is a non-issue - just that there is no exception handling, or
whats the correct term, i mean detecting whether a file is valid rdf or
not .. and something nasty can happen if some rubbish is loaded?

You're absolutely right, that's the bug here. This is an exception we have to handle; we need to catch it and show a message window.

Working on it, thanks.

- Benja