gzz-dev

[Gzz] Fwd: Re: [p2p-hackers] Sloppy Chord

From: hemppah
Subject: [Gzz] Fwd: Re: [p2p-hackers] Sloppy Chord
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:33:43 +0300

Hi,

It seems to be that the advantages of Kademlia and Sloppy hashing are noticed by
others, too ;).

-Hermanni

----- Forwarded message from Gordon Mohr <address@hidden> -----
    Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:55:21 -0800
    From: Gordon Mohr <address@hidden>
 Subject: Re: [p2p-hackers] Sloppy Chord
      To: address@hidden

You've probably seen the IPTPS03 paper, "Sloppy Hashing and Self-Organized
Clusters", by David Mazieres and Michael Freedman:

   http://iptps03.cs.berkeley.edu/final-papers/coral.pdf

I suspect many of the strict Chord (and other DHT) assumptions can be
loosened while still achieving excellent, nearly equivalent performance --
though it then becomes harder to rigorously prove such performance.

- Gordon