h-source-users

[H-source-users] Could checkbox/plainbox and h-source work together?

From: Zygmunt Bazyli Krynicki
Subject: [H-source-users] Could checkbox/plainbox and h-source work together?
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 18:11:38 +0200

Hey.

I'm one of the lead developers of the plainbox/checkbox project [1]. Checkbox is a system testing tool developed by Canonical for Ubuntu. PlainBox is the underlying framework that is totally agnostic of any system dependencies and can be used to build almost any kind of test application.

I was wondering if the extensive collection of tests that are contained in checkbox [2] or plainbox could be of benefit to the h-source project. Given sufficient interest we could build a tool that tests (including manual testing) the user's machine and sends the results to h-source for analysis.

If there's any interest in that I'd love to discuss it more

Best regards
Zygmunt Krynicki

[1] https://launchpad.net/checkbox-project
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~checkbox-dev/checkbox/trunk/files/head:/providers/plainbox-provider-checkbox/jobs/