h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Alternative printer drivers

From: Luis A.
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Alternative printer drivers
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:16:29 -0600

El lun, 27-10-2014 a las 11:16 +0100, Michał Masłowski escribió:
> > I'll start a wiki page so we could add other drivers to the list, if
> > you know of any please share so we could make this list bigger and
> > bigger.
>
> What do we need so h-node could be used for this?

Information from other experiences like this, we can use the wiki as a
start.

> Before buying a printer, I check
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/databaseintro
> (the last printer that I bought was maybe in 2008).  It does list also
> nonfree drivers and barely supported free ones.

Most of the time this issue presents itself when doing a migration to a
free software OS.

So people, already have the printer and they look for an alternative to
be able to print, in some cases they have an alternative free driver for
that printer other times they don't.

So if we document the ones that has an alternative instead of installing
a non-free driver or worst, not being able to print, i think it could be
really useful to other users.

Cheers!
--
Luis A. Guzmán García