halevt-dev

Re: [Halevt-dev] iPod Touch Automounting

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Halevt-dev] iPod Touch Automounting
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:07:23 +0200

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 07:06:59PM -0500, Matthew Bauer wrote:
> Okay I was running 1.5 before but now I've updated and gone with your
> changes and its fixed.

I guess it was fixed by all the fixes done by Daniel Mierswa (impulze).

> The only problem is I guess halevt runs as a non root user, so I get a
> permission denied when plugging it in. Is there any way around this?

That's not an easy question to answer to, without more information.
In some cases, permissions are handled by policykit. In that case it
may be the opening of a session through consolekit that grants
rights. In other cases one has to be in some group. And maybe some
cases are not handled at all.

There is an excerpt of PolicyKit.conf you could find useful in
the README, although it may be more appropriate for running
halevt system-wide.

--
Pat