halevt-dev

Re: [Halevt-dev] Bashism in hvmount

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Halevt-dev] Bashism in hvmount
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:31:23 +0200

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 09:24:05PM -0300, Marcos Talau wrote:
> Patrice Dumas <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > Thanks, applied, with a small change. I replaced 200 by 9 everywhere
> > while you replaced by 2 at one place and left 200 at another.
>
> Why 2 by 9? I say this because when I execute `hvumount' in `dash',
> an error is showed:
>
>    shift: 470: can't shift that many

That is an unrelated issue.  This was caused by a shift that was done
even if there was no argument.  This is fixed by replacing with

   [ $# -gt 0 ] && shift

So I guess that you are still using an unpatched hvmount.  You have to
rerun make, since hvmount is generated from hvmount.in.

> Replacing 9 by 2 script runs OK.

I tested with dash, too and it worked fine with 9 for the flock and for
the redirection.  With a redirection not matching the flock, it will still
run but it won't lock anymore.

Anyway, to understand my point I think that the best is to look at the
patch I commited:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/halevt.git/commit/?id=2c8e7d3f7ec48a9a8e0e36d2894274c795e88e49

--
Pat