health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] [Health] Working on the documentation

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health] Working on the documentation
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:19:34 +0100

Hi, Gerald!

On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:06:31 +0200
Gerald Wiese <wiese@gnuhealth.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> we are working on the documentation and aim to have it renewed before
> the conference end of September. One student from Hannover already
> transformed the Wikibooks state into Sphinx Read The Docs Theme and
> we can take this as base.

You guys are amazing!

> I just pushed it but it’s not yet present on any web server.

I just pulled the latest changeset from our mercurial repo in Savannah.

The current HMIS development doc is on the following location:

https://docs.gnuhealth.org/hmis/

> We are asking all of you to gather feedback and ideas how to improve
> the documentation.
>
> Our first block of questions targets a higher level and we ask for
>
> Second block of questions can be answered afterwards continuously but
> still the sooner the better:
>

> Are there chapters missing?
>
> Do we have chapters that are not needed?
>
> Should we change the structure regarding chapters and subchapters?
>
> Other suggestions for changes on a higher level?
>

> Do we have content missing?
>
> Is every module documented in a way that it’s really complete and
> understandable?
>
> Does it actually work to follow old instructions?
>
> We should update all versions, screenshots, package names, typos, etc.
>
> If functionalities are not really working, we should make it
> transparent (e.g. FHIR REST, Thalamus)
>
> Do we have links in place for differing installation strategies and
> other documentations like Thalamus, MyGNUHealth, Ansible, openSUSE?
>

> Beginning of August we will probably start a pad to assign tasks /
> chapters to responsible people.

This is great! We'll be working on the mercurial repo for the
documentation, and updating it directly. I am positive this new
approach will improve the documentation for each component of the GH
ecosystem.

I propose the following layout:

/ root, landing page for docs.gnuhealth.org .. will have the links to
the main areas
/hmis : Hospital management (currently working)
/thalamus: The Federation message server
/mygnuhealth: The Personal Health Record

Let me know your thoughts and congratulations to you and your team,
Gerald!

PS: I' replying  to health-dev@gnu.org to avoid crossposting with
health general. I am positive the general community will be happy to
read it and contribute. We can send them later on an
announcement.

Bests
Luis