health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Downloadable image freezes raspberry 4b (gnuhealth vers

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Downloadable image freezes raspberry 4b (gnuhealth version 4.4)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:52:30 +0100

Hello Juan,

Am Samstag, 27. Januar 2024, 19:27:09 CET schrieb Juan Pablo Rodriguez Esteban:

> Booting version 4.4 image for raspberry pi 4 freezzes a raspberry pi 4b
> just kernel loading starts.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. We tested this, and nobody reported
an issue so far

> The monitor turns into black, the keyboard is completely unresponsive and
> it's not able to switch to any other text console. It also does not receive
> an IP address via ethernet.
> I tried to modify the boot options by editing the grub menu at boot but the
> editor closes as soon as the arrow has been pressed several times (tested
> with different wired and wireless keyboards).

Did you try the failsafe-mode?
SD Cards are mostly a pain in th neck, please try a different one and check the
file system after putting the image onto it (xzcat ... )
You may as well boot into a console (init 3 on the kernel command line) and
monitor error messaged

HTH
Axel