health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] New mercurial development branch and workflow

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] New mercurial development branch and workflow
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 18:19:10 +0800

Luis Falcon <falcon@gnuhealth.org> writes:

> Dear devs
>
> We have a new development branch called "future" that will hold the
> upcoming stable releases.
>
> This applies to hmis server and client repositories. The current
> branches are:
>
> * stable: current stable releases

(1) I have sync tag 4.4.0 to stable branch by merge other approach.

changeset 6755:04251e8137bb (Very very big commit)

Step:

1. hg update stable
2. hg merge 4.4.0 --tool=internal:other
3. hg commit -m "Merge tag 4.4.0 to stable branch with mergetool:
internal:other"
4. rm tryton
5. cp ../health-4.4.0/tryton ./  (copy tryton directory from 4.4.0)
6. hg commit --amend

Result:

hg diff --from=4.4.0 --to=<this commit>  == None

(2) Then I merge and graft the below commits from default branch to stable
branch:

1. health_surgery: fix grade3b typo
2. gnuhealth-control: Update pip packages
3. merge commit: Added tag 4.4.0 for changeset fceba6ac2683stable

(3) After that, I merge stable to default:

 https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/rev/8f43f72c6f9b

The three steps seem no error :-)