health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] New mercurial development branch and workflow

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] New mercurial development branch and workflow
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 12:28:36 +0000

Dear Feng, Gerald

On Sun, 25 Feb 2024 18:46:48 +0800
Feng Shu <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

> Gerald Wiese <wiese@gnuhealth.org> writes:
> > Please stop changing the stable branch for now, Luis will fix it and
> > add something to e.g. Contributing in docs afterwards.
>
> OK,  I'm sorry for the trouble caused to everyone.

No worries! Everything is now back to normal :)

We all make some mistakes and we learn from them.

We'll document a bit better the bug tracking / patching on the stable
versions, but basically, only reported bugs registered in Savannah
should be applied in the stable version.

Workflow:
- Register a bug in Savannah
- Patch it and test it on default branch
- Document the solution
- Create a commit per bug fix (we don't want big commits, just one per
  bug)
- Upstream team will apply the patch in stable and document it on the
  bug
- If the bug is serious enough, we create a new patch release (4.4.x)
- The patchset (containing one or more bug fixes) will be uploaded to
  Savannah and ready to be applied on running systems using
  gnuhealth-control

Again, we'll try to document this workflow, main branches and
development process in docs.gnuhealth.org during the week.

Thank you again for all the excellent work and contributions!

Happy hacking
Luis