health

Re: [Health] A few questions about GNU Health workflow

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] A few questions about GNU Health workflow
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:59:26 +0200

Hi Luis,

On 30 November 2011 22:45, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Bashar

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Bashar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mr.Luis,
>
> Firstly, thanks for the above answer :).

Glad it was clear (or a bit clear at least :-) ).

> Here is my own question then :D. I have an issue with creating  permissions
> of each user in the health center. for example, when I tried to create a
> group containing the pharmacist of the hospital, I tried to add an "Access
> Menu" to the group's access permissions and since I want the pharmacist user
> to see and deal with just the medicaments "for example ", so I added to the
> "Access Menu" section the ""Health / Configuration / Medicaments /
> Medicaments" record, but, when I save the changes, then the added record
> gone! and the group members "pharmacists" could access and modify alot of
> things in the system including " the whole Health module, Product, Parties,
> ..etc....", So, how to deal with this issue and would you please provide me
> with what are the permissions that the following users should have and how
> to create them:
> "Pharmacists, Billers, Physicians, Financial manager, Lab admin, inventory
> manager, stock admin, ....etc........
Permissions are a bit tricky at first....

Basically the concept goes like this :
1) You create access groups, with objects and menus.
2) You associate users to these access groups.

Now, for the tricky part....if you create a new access group, all the
users who are not associated to this group won't have permissions to
the related objects ! (including "admin" :-) ).

That's why at the moment you create an access group for pharmacist or
doctor, the user "admin" won't see the menus ...
You need to include the administrator in the list of the newly created group.

3) You have a lot of permissions because if the access group for an
specific model hasn't been created, everybody has access to it. So you
need to create the access group and assign it to a list of users.
Then, at that point, only the users assigned to that group will be
able to access the models within it, with the permissions given for
the models and fields.

Please let me know if this helps. Once you do it, you will see that is
logical :-)

Ronald, we should include this chapter also :-)

BTW, we talked about this a while ago, but let me ask. Should we have
these user profles in the default configuration for every new database
, or should it be part of the implementation process, or just reside
in the demo DB ?

I think we should have these profiles in the default configuration of every new database (implementors could then add and delete profiles as per their requirement). What was the plan with task 11368: http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?11368

Regards
Ronald Munjoma

Best regards,
Luis