health

Re: [Health] request for a how to upgrade GNU Health manual

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] request for a how to upgrade GNU Health manual
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:40:20 -0300

Hi Ronald !

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> It will be nice if someone could add a section on how to update from
> one version of GNU Health to another on wikibooks.
> (I have been doing clean installs every time a new version comes out)
>
> I have tried upgrading following the below procedure:
>
> pip upgrade <package name>
>
> then run: trytond -d <DATABASE_NAME> -u all or <specific package name>
>
> and it fails all the time. What am I doing wrong? I would like to
> upgrade to 1.6.3 when its out.
You should be able to upgrade from your previous versions, so all the
data remains.
Please let us know where are you having issues, and should get it working.

I use the tar file and normally run --upgrade=all, but your steps look
just fine !

I do agree that we need a upgrade section on wikibooks. We just
finished the language installation section. On my side, I will work in
the upgrade section before releasing 1.6.3 .

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health