health

Re: [Health] request for a how to upgrade GNU Health manual

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] request for a how to upgrade GNU Health manual
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:12:40 -0300

Hi Russel

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Russel Mahmud <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> I have also faced same problem to upgrade a specific package.
> When i run the following command to upgrade a package, it deletes other
> packages from trytond/modules directory and keep only new installed package.
>
> pip install --upgrade --user   packages_name

Thanks for the info. It should resolve the dependencies and install
the modules related to them. In that sense, it should not change.

I personally use the standard method (.tar.gz file), and I based the
documentation under that scenario. Nevertheless, local pip
installation is widely used, and it should be able to upgrade without
problems.

Would you mind filing a bug with the steps that you're doing, and the
result ? Please be verbose : Put the command, directory contents in
modules and any other information you find relevant.

Bests,

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health