heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] new idea

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] new idea
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 22:22:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 13:30 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
I assume you are just making these up?

No.  Making them up would be absurd.  My mind reading system is
starting to infer that you did not read my rumination email very
carefully nor my AAAI paper about this topic.

I believe that Cyc generated the items sometime in the distant past.

Right.

However,

Or are you getting them from a real KR rumination?

Yes, yes yes.

Then show me the code.

I strongly suggest that we which generate fresh items from OpenCyc or
ResearchCyc, as it exists today, and not rely on items which were
generated by an unknown version of Cyc from the distant past.

You are correct in the sense that If we want to make statements about Cyc as is we will need a working Cyc and at least 1000 human judgements.

However, we need to walk before we can run. Consider this a pilot of a method.

It is also helpful as a means of validiting ones knowledge represetntations before putting the assertions in the actual KB. Many times over my 11 years of doing KR I have wondered what the naive non-KR
human would think about this or that assertion.

Judgements like these me even allow us to establish a kind of certainty
factor on assertions (altho these are controversial).

Okay?

Bill

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)