heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] new idea (fwd)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] new idea (fwd)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:38:48 +0530

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 18:23 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Cyc believes that "Vienna is wet." is true.
>
> Cyc believs this assertion because it concluded it based on an
> inference.  The following facts and rules caused Cyc to conclude
> "Vienna is wet."
>
> (1) "Rivers are a kind of water."
> (2) "If water touches x then x is wet."
> (3) "The Danube is a river."
> (4) "The Danube runs through Vienna."
> (5) "If a river runs through a region it touches that region."
>
> (Note that these are represented in Cyc not in English but rather in a
> logical computer language.  We have translated these facts and rules
> into English to make them easy for you to understand.)
>
> ......END OF FEEDBACK TO USER PAGE MOCK UP.....

As I mentioned in another email, it seems like such detailed feedback
will have to wait until we are actually using Cyc.

What kind of "feedback to user" can we actually do now with minimum
effort?

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)