heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] mailing list minutea

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:39:02 +0530

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 01:25 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> I went to the open source homepage for our work, i.e....
>
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/heartlogic/
>
> ...I found a clickable item there labeled like so...
>
> Project Memberlist (2 members)
>
> ...you'd think that this would be the list of people on the mailing
> list, right???,
>
> Wrong.  Nooooooooo, after too much digging I have discovered it is
> something else.  Not sure exactly what privelegs are confered to
> members but, Josh or Peter, if you wanna be "members" be my guest.

I think you get CVS write access.  I'm not sure myself though.

> To see who is on the list one has to be "list administrator."  Nowhere
> was I able to find a clear explicit indication of who plays this role.
> But I did find this sentence...
>
> "Heartlogic-dev list run by jpritikin at pobox.com"
>
> ...hidden away at the bottom of a web page.  Perhaps that means Joshua
> is the "list administrator??

Yes.  And by the way, Peter Yeh is NOT a member at present.

> Why should things be clear?  We all have loads of time to spend
> groking yet another UI, don't we??
>
> Okay okay sorry for the whining but Joshua do you know offhand (not
> important enough to dig through documentation) if we can change some
> of this confusing text?

Well, I'm sure it's possible but ...

> Also, Joshua, it is not posssible to have multiple list administrators
> is it?  Actually, what I am more interested in than list admin
> priveleges is getting an email whenever someone joins or leaves the
> list.  Is that possible?

Yes.  WLJ, you are now a list administrator and you will get
notification of people joining/leaving the list.

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)