heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype

From: Josh White
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 07:53:07 -0700

> HAL believes the following statement is FALSE:

I think this will be better phrased as:

HAL does NOT believe:

In general we've got to work hard, especially in a proof of concept
prototype, to make the text as simple and clear as possible, to normal
users.

--------------
To that goal, I propose a New Idea (as if we need any more! But this one's
good! :)

Do it as a cartoon panel.

First:  "Water is lighter than air"

Then a GIF animation of HAL looking at this fretfully, and shaking his head
"no"

Then two buttons: a hammer and a kiss.

If you click the hammer, a huge cartoon hammer bonks HAL on the head. He
looks alarmed, then says (in a cartoon text bubble) "thanks, I needed that!"

The kiss button, causes a lipstick print on HAL's cheek.  He grins.

I'll ask the www.dieselsweeties.com artist to make us the graphics for free.

-Josh