heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] wiki feedback

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] wiki feedback
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 22:36:41 +0530

You wrote:
> The below is Joshua's example and I find it confusing. E.g. what does
> "stats are positive" mean?

In this context, positive means believable and negative means
unbelievable.  Internally, the Likert 1-5 scale is converted into a
[-1,1] range.  Hence, it won't matter internally if we start playing
with the ideas mentioned on your WhatScaleToHaveUsersRateOn page.
Everything boils down to [-1,1].

Random note: I changed the robot's name to "Marvin the robot" from
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy not because I think Douglas Adams is a
great author but because Marvin was emotionally depressed and our
project is about emotions.  (HAL probably broke down more on the
cognitive side. ;-)

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)