heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] email processing

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] email processing
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 22:38:51 +0530

Last week, I noticed that email seems to be dropped sometimes.
Since email is important, I had to do something.  The new email process
works like this:

1. I insert the email to be sent into postgresql.

2. Every 3 minutes, a cron job runs and sends any unsent emails it finds
in the database.  I bcc to a special auditing account.

3. An hourly cron job checks whether the auditing account has
received the email. If so then I assume all is well.

The auditing account is probably overkill.  I'll probably disable it
after testing for a few weeks.