help-3dldf

Re: [help-3dldf] Re: all intersections between two paths *

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [help-3dldf] Re: all intersections between two paths *
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:23:33 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Martijn van Manen wrote:

> I think those Bezier curves are of degree 3, aren't they?

Yes.

> Bezout's theorem tells you that [...]

Thanks for the explanation.  For 3DLDF, I'm not that
concerned at the moment about the intersections of arbitrary
`paths'.  I only brought it up in the context of the
discussion resulting from Antonio Ramirez' original
question.  I would like to implement them, but the
intersections of geometrical figures that we've discussed
before have a higher priority.

I've looked through some books on NURBs, and decided that
I'd like to read Tiller and Piegl's _The NURBs Book_.  It
is, however, quite long.  The parser is already in a fairly
finished state, and I'm not yet entirely sure what I want to
work on next.  There are a couple of features that don't
require me to learn much new material, such as routines for
writing and reading fast-loading base files.  My lack of
mathematical knowledge is the bottleneck for some of the
other features I'd like to implement.

> Happy new year all of you.

I wish the same to you and all the other subscribers.

> I've begun working on the

Thanks, I look forward to hearing about it.

Laurence