help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Web animations

From: L. Nobre G.
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Web animations
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 14:06:13 +0100 (WEST)

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 address@hidden wrote:

> I tried calling animate with
> multiple png files as its arguments, and it seemed to work.

It does.

> It would require a means of
> recognizing the correspondences between the plan and elevation, i.e., a
> way of marking the objects.

Very difficult.

> I've managed to get surface hiding to work for two intersecting polygons.
> I'm about to start working on the case that the polygons don't intersect
> but the projections do.  My routine fails in this case.  Did you have this
> problem in FEATPOST, or did you go about it in a different way?

Yes, I had this problem. Suppose you have a triangle and a
non-intersecting square. Both these polygons are the base of pyramids with
main vertex on the focus. In fact, you have to apply your routine to eight
triangles and one square.

Greetings

Lu\'{\i}s Nobre Gon\c{c}alves - http://matagalatlante.org