help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Web animations

From: lfinsto1
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Web animations
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 15:34:37 +0200 (CEST)

L. Nobre G. wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> I tried calling animate with
>> multiple png files as its arguments, and it seemed to work.
>
> It does.

I tried it again, and it didn't, so I don't know what's going on.
I've decided to put the problem of generating web animations aside for the
moment, since it looks like it will take quite a bit of effort to solve.
For one thing, I don't know how I can convert my PostScript documents into
graphics of a certain size given in pixels.  Someday I'd like to take this
problem up again.  Thank you very much anyway for your help.

>> It would require a means of
>> recognizing the correspondences between the plan and elevation, i.e., a
>> way of marking the objects.
>
> Very difficult.

I think it might be an interesting problem to work on, but I probably
won't get around to doing so, at least not for a long time.

> Yes, I had this problem. Suppose you have a triangle and a
> non-intersecting square. Both these polygons are the base of pyramids with
> main vertex on the focus. In fact, you have to apply your routine to eight
> triangles and one square.

I assume you means the sides of the pyramids, but I don't see how to use
this for surface hiding.  Please excuse my obtuseness.  I'll have to think
about this when I'm not sitting at the computer.  The approach I'm about
to try is to "decompose" the objects until none of the projections of the
objects resulting from the decomposition intersect, or a limit is reached.

Laurence