help-autogen

[Help-autogen] help-autospam?

From: Colin Sharpe
Subject: [Help-autogen] help-autospam?
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:59:42 -0800 (PST)

I subscribed to help-autogen because I do use gnu
software, and am a strong believer in the policies of
the FSF.

Every day, when I check my e-mail, I find a number of
messages from address@hidden  These messages
are mostly spam.  While the majority of these are
sales related, some are obviously with criminal
intent, such as false lottery prize notifications,
Nigerians looking to transfer money to other
countries, and supposed PayPal messages.  These types
of e-mail are all well known identity theft schemes.

I will probably end up removing myself from
help-autogen, but it is rather sad that the geeks who
are into gnu software can't figure a way to stop
sociopaths using help-autogen as a convenient way of
spamming its subscribers.

Colin Sharpe.