Re: Bison 1.28c is released

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison 1.28c is released
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:09:41 +0200

At 11:11 +0200 2001/08/15, Akim Demaille wrote:
>Changes in version 1.28c:
>* New directives.
>  ... `%source_extension' and `%header_extension'.

These seem to work fine, except that %header_extension does not seem able
to have an empty argument, which sometimes is used with C++ headers.
Perhaps
  %header_extension ""
could mean an empty extension.

Also, I think one might have --source_extension=... and
--header-extension=... startup arguments in case one wants to control it
from "make" (but I have no use of it myself).

About the --graph option, what is vcg format intended to be used with? Is
there say a vcg -> pdf/ps/dvi converter available?

An option that comes to my mind is the ability to change the ".tab" infix
only: It would be more logical if was ".y" or nothing.

BTW, I have carried along the patch I made which writes an inverted
%token_table can be used to make binary searches on the token names in
order to get the token type-code numbers.