Re: Problems with bison.simple and C++

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Problems with bison.simple and C++
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:50:49 +0100

At 13:02 +0000 2002/01/16, Adam Tee wrote:
>I'm trying to compile a parser using C++ but I get the following error
>message:
>/usr/share/bison/bison.simple:450: `size_t' undeclared in namespace `std'

You don't say what Bison version you have; 1.31 should have some fixes for
C++ namespaces.

>What is the solution, if any ?

So you might try this the latest version; it might compile.

>  I have another parser which produces a
>similar error.  Is it something to do with the YYSTACKSIZE?

No: in the C++ standard the names are std::size_t, etc.

You must try the latest Bison version. Do that, and if the problem recurs,
report it to address@hidden