Re: Problems with bison.simple and C++

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Problems with bison.simple and C++
Date: 17 Jan 2002 10:50:05 +0100

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Tee <address@hidden> writes:

Adam> Hi, I'm trying to compile a parser using C++ but I get the
Adam> following error message:

Hi!

First, a preliminary question: does your application need to be
portable, or should it follow the C++ standard?  The problem is that
the standard clearly says size_t is in std, and your environment is
wrong on this regard.  Now, we know many environment have still not
caught up with the standard...

If you are using Autoconf, you ought to find a means to define
conditionally

#if SIZE_T_IS_NOT_IN_STD
typedef size_t std::size_t;
#endif