Re: #line format

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: #line format
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:46:23 +0200

At 15:24 -0700 2002/04/10, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> My problem with
>>
>>         #line 45 "foo.c"
>>
>> is that the name of the file is coded inside, which is very painful
>> when you mv the file.
>
>Sorry, I'm a bit lost.  Why do you want the file to refer to itself?
>
>Can't you solve the problem by having the #line directive refer
>instead to some template file like bison.simple, in a well-known
>location?  That's what Bison 1.35 does.

I think that this is the way to go: Even when the template file is first
run through a macro program (like M4 or something) (if the macro program is
integrated into Bison), one can refer to the file before it was run through
the macro program.

(I spent some thinking about this issue when consider using a more advanced
formatter language to handle the skeleton files.)