Re: #line format

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: #line format
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:00:27 +0200

At 11:05 -0700 2002/04/11, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> This approach has several problems, all related to the fact that
>> bison.simple is independent from the parser file:
>>
>> - it may not exist
>> - it may not be at the same location
>> - it may belong to a different version of Bison (worst case IMO).
>
>These arguments apply equally well to the .y file, don't they?
>
>There's a simple solution when these problems arise: manually edit the
>.c file to remove its #line directives.  So this issue is mostly one
>of what's more convenient and useful in the normal case.

I think that if one will want to have #line n "this file.c" directives, it
should be by an option; normally, the skeleton file would be used. Then,
for those using this option, when renaming the file, there is the simple
way to also run it through a filter that alters the #line n "this file.c"
lines.