Re: [Fwd: I may be stupid, but I can't build CVS]

From: Russ Lewis
Subject: Re: [Fwd: I may be stupid, but I can't build CVS]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:58:27 -0700

I WAS ABLE TO BUILD!!! :)

But the bootstrap script didn't do it...changing CVS commands did.

I tried bootstrap, it still failed..but then I saw the pre-config script
and, on a whim, ran it to see what it would do.  It failed because it
couldn't remove the intl/ directory.  I looked at it, and the only thing
in intl/ was the CVS directory.  I started to wonder...

So I removed the whole bison/ directory and got a new copy, but this
time, instead of "checkout" I did "export" (which doesn't create the
CVS/ directories throughout):
    cvs export -Dtoday bison

Now, bootstrap worked...then I ran ./configure...then I built...and
there was a source in src/bison!

Now, I don't know hardly anything about the autoconfigure scripts, but
maybe now somebody will know what was going wrong with my build.

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]