Re: [Fwd: I may be stupid, but I can't build CVS]

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [Fwd: I may be stupid, but I can't build CVS]
Date: 19 Apr 2002 10:19:38 +0200

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Lewis <address@hidden> writes:

Russ> I tried bootstrap, it still failed..

How?  Why?  This is what I need to understand the problems.

Russ> but then I saw the pre-config script and, on a whim, ran it to
Russ> see what it would do.

I forgot about it.  It should not be helpfull at all...

You seemed to say there were cvs commands in bootstrap.  Maybe you had
a previous version: the latest includes *no* cvs commands.  And it
works like a charm:

/tmp % rm -rf bison                                              nostromo 10:07
/tmp % cvs address@hidden:/cvsroot/bison co bison       nostromo 10:07
/tmp % cd bison                                                  nostromo 10:07
/tmp/bison % ./bootstrap                                         nostromo 10:07
/tmp/bison % ./configure                                         nostromo 10:09
/tmp/bison % make                                                nostromo 10:10
/tmp/bison % make check                                          nostromo 10:13

etc.