Re: Semantic parsing

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Semantic parsing
Date: 22 Apr 2002 15:43:49 +0200

JACOB> Greetings, I'm working on some parsing project that currently
JACOB> utilizes a hand written parser for some semantic parsing. Since
JACOB> that's hard to maintain I'd like to move to bison so I have the
JACOB> following questions:

JACOB> 1) I understand that bison does have semantic parsing (via
JACOB> %semantic_parser) but also noticed that there's some concern as
JACOB> to whether that code should be used or not.

I too thought that was the point, but my reading of Corbett's PhD
indicates that there is only semantics based error recovery.  There is
nothing related to semantics driven parsing in Bison.

--
Ashamed.