bison 1.35: end of file?

From: Torsten Müller
Subject: bison 1.35: end of file?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 11:06:04 +0200

Hi, all.

When I remeber right, a bison parser called yyerror() if yylex()
returns 0 inside a rule. I mean the unexpected case:

rule    : T1 T2 T3 T4
        ;

yylex() returns T1, T2 and then 0 by some unexpected reason, a comment
has not been closed and reaches until the end of file or something
like that.

A bison 1.35 parser does not call yyerror() in this case. Is this
right? It seems as if the entire grammar is terminated successfully.

Does anybody know how to detect an unexpected end of file?

Torsten