Re: bison 1.35: end of file?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: bison 1.35: end of file?
Date: 27 May 2002 13:27:52 +0200

| Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
| > This is very interesting. I'd like to try with this version of
| > Bison, please, and report (a success!) as soon as possible: you come
| > right on time: this bug is precisely being discussed (and fixed).
| >
| > http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/download/bison-1.49b.tar.bz2
| > http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~akim/download/bison-1.49b.tar.gz
|
| Thanx, here are my first results:
|
| I tried to compile bison on my Windows machine. Windows is my primary
| development platform and I use MinGW. I tried it with gcc 2.95.3 and
| gcc 3.1 (beta), but I haven't got it working. Even the
| configure-script reported some errors and the compilation required
| functions like "pipe" and "fork" not available in my c-lib.

Yes, we are currently requiring these.  If someone from Windows
provides an alternative, we will use it, but for the time being, we
have none.  In addition, some work in this area is scheduled for the
next weeks.

| So I went to Linux. Configuration, compilation (gcc 3.1) and
| installation did work very well. But the use of this bison made
| problems. Not only that I had to add a very large number of
| semicolons, one in every rule (was this really necessary? - my grammar
| has more than 3000 lines), I got the following in output file:

Yes, I realized I had this in my files.  Please, refetch the _current_
copy of the tarballs.