semantic analysis

From: SainTiss
Subject: semantic analysis
Date: 13 Dec 2002 18:29:54 +0100

Hi,

I'm writing a compiler, so I've got a flex file and a bison file to
generate the parser...

At this point, all I can do is "feed" source files to the parser, and it
will tell me if there's a syntax error or not...

However, I also need semantic errors to be detected... For example, if a
certain variable has been declared as type A, then it can only call
methods defined in A's definition...
Or if a variable is used somewhere, then it must be declared somewhere
prior to that usage...

But I don't really have an idea of how to do this... Is there some
example available of how semantic errors are usually detected?

Thanks

Hans