Re: GNU bison 1.875 on HPUX-11.11 not generating parser source files

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: GNU bison 1.875 on HPUX-11.11 not generating parser source files
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:11:05 +0100

At 15:44 -0500 2003/12/03, Fraley, Glenn (N-D. N. American) wrote:
>I am experiencing a problem with bison 1.875 on HPUX-11.11 not generating
>parser source files.  I've tried various flags to bison and found that the
>application does run and does generate verbose output (-v) and graph (-g)
>files, but never creates the base .c source file or headers (-d).  This
>happens for all files I attempt to parse.  The input file(s) are all ones
>that do generate valid source using Bison 1.35 under HPUX-11.0.  I have
>also written very simple .y files for testing that do generate [useless]
>source files using Bison 1.35 on HPUX-11.0 but do not with Bison 1.875 on
>HPUX-11.11.

Later Bison versions use the macro program M4 to generate output source
files. It might be the case that you have not installed that program
properly so that Bison can see it.

If it is a bug, say if the Bison installation program does not work
properly on your platform, it should be reported to Bug-Bison
<address@hidden>.