Help with Bison 1.75

From: Roshankumar Thirugnanasambandam , Tidel Park - Chennai
Subject: Help with Bison 1.75
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:19:36 +0530

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with bison 1.75 on Solaris-9 not generating parser source files.  I've tried various flags to bison and found that the application does run and does generate verbose output (-v) and graph (-g) files, but never creates the base .c source file or headers (-d).  This happens for all files I attempt to parse.  The input file(s) are all ones that do generate valid source using Bison 1.22 on Solaris-9.

>bison -V

bison (GNU Bison) 1.75

Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

I have also installed M4 as suggested in some message threads but still the problem remains the same, I am not sure if I need to configure m4 or bison in any way to make bison understand that it needs to use m4 or that m4 is available. I have added the path to m4 in my PATH and is recognized by "which".

I have tried to look into the online manual and it seems to be for the version 1.35 and there is no reference about m4 in that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Roshan Kumar