Re: Help with Bison 1.75

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Help with Bison 1.75
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:34:49 +0100

At 17:19 +0530 2003/12/19, Roshankumar Thirugnanasambandam , Tidel Park -
Chennai wrote:
>I am experiencing a problem with bison 1.75 on Solaris-9 not generating
>parser source files.  I've tried various flags to bison and found that the
>application does run and does generate verbose output (-v) and graph (-g)
>files, but never creates the base .c source file or headers (-d).  This
>happens for all files I attempt to parse.  The input file(s) are all ones
>that do generate valid source using Bison 1.22 on Solaris-9.

You probably do not have the macro program M4 properly installed on your
computer, which Bison uses to produce source files. Later Bison version
writes a series of macros, which it hands over to M4, which then, combined
with a skeleton file, writes the output file. This makes it easy to write
skeleton files in various diverse applications.