Re: Push parser

From: Odd Arild Olsen
Subject: Re: Push parser
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:53:00 +0100

On Monday 12 January 2004 23:35, Hans Aberg wrote:
> At 15:00 +0100 2004/01/12, Odd Arild Olsen wrote:
> >I use a push parser (where the parser is called from the lexer) which is a
> >modification of the old bison.simple. It might be useful to reimplement
> > that using the new template files. I have not followed this mail list for
> > a year or so. Have anyone implemented a push parser yet?
>
> I doubt it. If you have already done it for bison.simple, it should be easy
> for you to translate it to the M4 based macro system that Bison uses now.
>
>   Hans Aberg

I basically need to give yyparse a few extra parametres, move all local
variables of that functions into a parameter passed structure, initiate the
structure on the first call and change references from local variables to the
corresponding structure elements.

I do not know m4 well yet, so my first question is: From the maintainers point
of view, is it better to patch yacc.c or start with a new file, say
yacc_push.c (and yacc_push.h)?

O A Olsen