Re: Push parser

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Push parser
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:29:53 +0100

At 08:53 +0100 2004/01/15, Odd Arild Olsen wrote:
>> I doubt it. If you have already done it for bison.simple, it should be easy
>> for you to translate it to the M4 based macro system that Bison uses now.
>I basically need to give yyparse a few extra parametres, move all local
>variables of that functions into a parameter passed structure, initiate the
>structure on the first call and change references from local variables to the
>corresponding structure elements.
>
>I do not know m4 well yet, ...

You really do not need to know much about M¤, as Akim and others already
have written skelton files: So it is easy to modify one of them.

>... so my first question is: From the maintainers point
>of view, is it better to patch yacc.c or start with a new file, say
>yacc_push.c (and yacc_push.h)?

It is easiest to make your own, new skeleton file, as you then do not have
to worry about anything but your own tasks.

A file like yacc.c must be compatible with the POSIX Yacc standards. So
then additional features must be possible to turn off.

I do not know how those POSIX Yacc standards flow. This, and the full
integration into Bison, is a question for the Bug-Bison list: